Sunday, January 16, 2011

It Was Always You

I knew you before I ever felt your touch, before my eyes surrendered inside of yours
Before long walks sharing life's stories, before soft words spoken as the world slumbered
Long before the affections were written and passions spoken, long before my days became brighter
I knew you, so long ago, before the candle was lit, and before our shadows melted into one
Before our voices harmonized melodies of pleasure with the syncopation of our passionate breaths
Long before the tests and trials of our connection, long before I knew that love could feel like this
I knew your name before I met you, it was written on my soul, before you told me what it was
The name I gave you...unspoken and unwritten, seen and felt in deep places ...when you look at me that way
Come closer, yes...closer, let me tell you my name for you...it has a sound so familiar, do you hear it?
It sounds like the strongest of wind blowing by your ear, it sounds like a steady raindrop splash
It sounds like your favorite duet towards then end of the song...sounds like the sun if eyes could hear
Yes, I have known you for such a long time, your scent so familiar...well acquainted with your sweet taste
I knew your flavor, long before my tongue savored it, your sweet smell before my nose could perceive 
I knew you, so long ago, to be my first love, before you even knew you were destined to be
For I knew you in my spirit, before either of us entered this world, you reminded my heart of who you were
Through those words of love you spoke to my heart, through those glances that pierce through my being
Through the soul that intertwined with mine, my spirit, my being, came to have remembrance of you, 
You had been there, there from the beginning, I only needed the gentle reminder that came from our first kiss
My memory now clear, I always knew you so deeply, you were in my every dream, before your form I could perceive
I knew I would always love you like this...do you see?  Every moment with you only confirms what was always true
I loved you before there was a word to describe it, before our bodies exploded in it, before we succumbed to it
I always knew, it was always you, who would be my first love....when love became you.


© 2011 Damien Malone

2 comments:

Comments/Feedback